DeviceTone® Technical Specifications
Plug this module into any electronic product, and instantly gain full managed connectivity to your cloud instance.
This hardware module connects to your product using: UART / RS485 / GPIO / I2C interfaces.
Once connected you can configure it using our cloud DeviceTone management system to read data/send commands from/to the device.
This module also has pre-installed sensors for Temperature and Location (GPS).
You can have a working prototype in ONE DAY!, and a whole IoT system working in a few weeks.
If needed, we can quickly respond and supply a different module design according to your needs.
The module is based on the Nordic nRF52840 MCU with the Quectel BG96 modem.
There are two main deployment options for the module:
1) The module connects to existing hardware – it is usually deployed into a machine /on the side of a machine, and interfaced to it using UART / RS485 / GPIO / I2C interfaces. The machine’s PCB may have 5V power supply on it and the connected interface is 5V. It may also be 3.3V.
2) The module is autonomous – it is placed in the field, without wiring it to anything.
In this case, the customer can use the two built-in sensors (temperature, position) and send readings + position to the cloud periodically or by a simple rule (threshold). This use case can be battery-operated or driven by a 5V power supply.
Board feature specification:
nRF52840, 32-bit ARM® Cortex™ M4 CPU
External interfaces with 3.3V or 5V option and on-board level shifter.
– Cellular CAT M1, NB-IoT, EGPRS
– BLE 5.0, GPS
– RX/TX lines exposed
– 5V or 3.3V option
– 2 GPIOs exposed as an I2C interface
– integrate with I2C sensors or PCBs
– 4 GPIO interfaces
– connected with analog capability (ADC)
Half-Duplex RS485 interface (ModBus)
– 9600 / 19200 baud
Micro or Nano SIM
Soldered SIM (MFF2) option.
Optional battery or USB power supply
– 5V power supply (Micro or USB-C)
– Optional 3 x AA batteries
– Low power consumption in sleep mode
– 2 LED indicators for cellular modem (Netlight, Status)
– 1 LED indicator for general purpose (GPIO connected)
-10 to +50 Celsius